REGISTER FOR OUR UPCOMING WEBINAR TODAY!
HOSTED BY PHIL RASMUSSEN
Thursday, 2 December 2021 | 7:30pm (NZT)
Join Phil Rasmussen for a one hour clinically focused webinar on how to safely prescribe plant medicines alongside pharmaceutical drugs. As usage of medicinal herbs and nutritional supplements continues to grow, so too does the reliance on pharmaceutical drugs. In turn, this means concurrent use of herbal medicine and drugs is increasingly common for many of our patients.
- A clinically focused webinar on how to safely prescribe plant medicines alongside drug medicines.
- How concurrent use of herbal medicine and drugs is increasingly common.
- Supporting practitioner confidence and experience when combining herbs and drugs in clinical practice.
- Review evidence for some potentially harmful as well as potentially beneficial interactions, using clinical case examples.
- Discuss key principals in consideration of potential risks versus benefits.
- How to make informed decisions on whether or not to introduce particular herbal medicines into the treatment regimen.
Phil has practiced as a phytotherapist in Auckland for 27 years, and is Phytomed’s founder and Technical Director. Before pursuing herbal medicine, he worked for more than 10 years as a pharmacist, and undertook research on antidepressant drugs and serotonin. He also established and operated a herbal detoxification service for an inpatient health board funded service for people withdrawing from alcohol and other drugs, from 1993-1997.
Phil has many years of experience with combining herbal medicines with drugs in his clinical practice, and has presented extensively on the subject to practitioner audiences in NZ, Australia and the UK.
Phil Rasmussen M.Pharm., M.P.S., Dip. Herb. Med.; M.N.I.M.H.(UK), M.N.H.A.A; F.N.Z.A.M.H.